Procedure for reviewing articles
1. Manuscripts shall be sent to the editor electronically via email and in hard copy by mail, or delivered in person.
2. In order to maintain high level of publication and selection of the most valuable and relevant scientific papers, manuscript, received by the Journal, are subjected to review and expert evaluation. The Journal accepts only manuscripts prepared in accordance with the Rules for authors that are published in every issue and posted on the Journal's website.
3. External review is required for submissions from students and postgraduates (such materials are attached with: an extract from the minutes of the meeting of the Department on the recommendation of article for publication in the Journal, certified by signature and seal of the organization (in paper and electronic form), Doctor of Sciences review of another structural unit).
4. Internal review is organized by Deputy Editor in Chief.
5. Internal review is carried out in due time, it is confidential one; name of the reviewer is not disclosed.
6. The review should assess:
– Title of the article and its compliance with the content;
– Compliance of article with the scientific level of the Journal;
– Relevance of the issue;
– Scientific novelty, theoretical and practical significance of the conclusions;
– Article structure;
– Presence of discussion and / or incorrect contributions;
– Compliance with the reader's interest;
– Opinion of the reviewer on the possibility or impossibility of the publication of the manuscript based on previously released literature on the subject and of interest to wide audience.
7. In order to improve the objectivity, bilateral "blind" peer review (double-blind) is hold, in which neither the author nor the reviewer does not know about each other.
8. Reviewers are warned against copying manuscripts and disclosure of their content.
9. The editorial office sends review copies to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in case the editors receive the relevant request. The author of the reviewed materials is also allowed to see the text of the review upon request.
10. Editor in Chief sends material submitted for publication in the Journal for review for two reviewers within 5 (five) working days from the date of its submission.
11. Reviewer, within 20 (twenty) working days from receipt of the material, considers it and presents duly executed review to the Editors (by mail, e-mail). The review period may be extended with the purpose of thorough analysis of the manuscript.
12. Review contains explicit reviewer attitude for the submitted materials and the recommendations:
– recommended for publication,
– to recommend for publication after revision with some minor comments,
– to recommend for publication after substantial revision, taking into account the comments of the reviewer,
– not recommended for publication. If the reviewer does not recommend the article for publication, the review should include specific motivations of such a decision.
13. Decision for publishing or refuse to publish is accepted at a regular meeting of the Editorial Board on the results of the review and expert assessment. Article, having two positive reviews, is included in the current issue of the Journal.
14. If reviewers differed in assessing the article, the decision to publish is proposed for discussion for Editorial Board, which produces a common position through discussion, which is reflected in the conclusion of the Editorial Board. Decision for publishing is made by a simple majority vote.
15. Editorial Board, in case of refusal to publish or direction for revision, within 5 (five) working days after the decision directs a written message to the author(s) that describes motivated decision of the Editorial Board. The letter should be attached with the full text copy of review (without specifying the name of the reviewer).
16. Article, received by the Editorial of Journal after revision based on the comments, is considered in the order of general priority.
17. Revised version of the article can be sent to be re-reviewed by a decision of the Editorial Board. In the case of receiving a positive review, the refined version of the article is to be published in the current issue of the Journal. In the case of repeated negative review, submitted material is not subjected to further review.
18. Editorial Board assumes no obligations on terms of publication of manuscripts. Original reviews should be stored at the editorial office for 5 years from the date of publication. Editorial Board does not keep the manuscript which is not accepted for publication. Manuscripts accepted for publication will not be returned. Manuscript received a negative result from a reviewer, are not published and also do not come back to the author.