Editors of the Journal guarantee the observance of: ethics of issuing scientific publications; ethics of authorship of scientific publications; ethics of reviewing of scientific publications; ethics of editing scientific publications.
ETHICS OF ISSUING scientific publications
Editors of the Journal (Editors):
- guarantees consideration of all the materials for publication, compliance with editorial independence and integrity in making objective decisions, without prejudice to the authors on the basis of ethnic or religious affiliation, social status; regardless of commercial interests and relations with the founder of the journal; basing its policy on respect for the individual rights of the author and intellectual property rights;
- implements policies of the journal to ensure and enhance the quality of published materials, contribute significantly to the development of domestic and foreign science (field of study); takes measures to strengthen efforts to improve the quality of published material; strives to meet the needs of readers and writers;
- establishes relevance, importance, clarity, accuracy, validity of published research material as guiding principles of editorial activity;
- relates the followings among the fundamental principles of high qualification of published research papers:
- validity: published results must be performed efficiently and accurately; authors are jointly responsible for the content of their work and publications;
- honesty: authors should submit results honestly, without fabrication, falsification or unfair manipulation of data;
- unambiguity: publication must provide sufficient information so that other researchers can repeat the experiments;
- completeness of submissions: review and findings of existing studies should be complete, balanced and should include information, regardless of whether they support the hypothesis and interpretation of publishing author or not;
- balanced approach: the results of a new study should be presented in the context of previous studies;
- originality: the authors ensure that the proposed work for publication is original one and has not been previously published anywhere in any language; work can not be sent simultaneously to several issues;
- transparency: publication should contain all the sources of research funding, including direct and indirect financial support, provision of equipment or materials, and other types of support (including assistance specialists in statistical data processing or technical writers);
- pursues a policy to integrate the editorial council and the editorial board of highly qualified members, actively contributing to the development of the journal;
- implements policies on the systematic development of institutions for review, editing, expert evaluation of publications, which guarantees the accuracy, completeness, clarity, fairness and timeliness of peer review and research reports;
- guarantees informing about research funding and sponsors of published research papers against readers ;
- guarantees measures for compliance of published materials, conducts with the appropriate software validation of publications to image manipulation, plagiarism, duplicate or redundant publication.
- decides on acceptance or rejection of an article for publication on the basis of comments of independent reviewers in general. Final editorial decision and the reasons for its adoption are reported to the author.
ETHICS OF AUTHORSHIP of scientific publications
Authors of publications:
- must ensure that the list of authors includes only those that meet the criteria of authorship (i.e. those who have made significant contributions to the work), and that worthy authorship researchers are not excluded from the list of authors;
- should consent to the entry in the list of authors and their approval is needed aimed at the publication of the work; any changes in the list of authors must be approved by all authors, including those deleted from the list;
- should be familiar with the work provided for publication and to ensure that the work complies with the above requirements;
- must work together with the editors or publishers for early correction of their works in case of detection of errors or omissions after the publication;
- are obliged to immediately notify Editors in case of any errors in the submitted for publication, accepted for publication or already published work;
- may not copy references to the work from other publications with which they are not familiar; quotations and references to other works must be accurate and drawn up in accordance with the specified requirements;
- must refer maximally correctly and right onto related to the publication previous works both of other researchers and the authors, referring primarily to the source; verbatim of own works and their paraphrasing is unacceptable, it can only be used as a basis for the new findings;
- need to specify authorship of data, text, images and ideas which the author received from other sources - they should not be presented as belonging to the author of the publication; direct quotations from the work of other researchers should be allocated with quotes and corresponding reference;
- must respect the rules of legislation of copyright protection; materials protected by copyright (for example, tables, figures or large quotation) may be reproduced only with the permission of their respective owners.
ETHICS OF reviewing of scientific publications
Editors guarantee an independent review of materials in a manner allowing insurance of the integrity and objectivity of the statements regarding scientific value of the article to the publication.
According to the policy of the journal Editors establish the procedure for the review of materials submitted for publication.
Editors guarantee ensuring honest and due process of peer review.
Editors reserve the right to reject material without peer review if it is found to be of poor quality or inappropriate for the readers. This decision is made fairly and impartially based on the editorial policy of the journal.
Editors use the services of independent reviewers for materials being considered for publication by selecting individuals who have sufficient experience and have no conflict of interest.
Independent reviewers are reported, what is required of them, and also provided information on any changes in editorial policy.
If question for trustworthy of the data or appropriateness of publication of scientific work is raised from reviewers, Editors provides the author an opportunity to answer these questions.
When reviewing the Editors ensure confidentiality of the material of the authors and inform reviewers about the need to preserve such confidentiality. Editors report on the status of the material in the journal nobody, except the authors.
Editors preserve the privacy of personal data of reviewers.
ETHICS OF EDITING OF SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
Editors decide on the acceptance or rejection of publications, which places special demands for fairness and objectivity of the process and its relevance to the scientific vision of the journal.
All editorial processes are placed in the information materials for authors; requirements for authors, types of published materials as well as processing of materials by the journal are given.
To ensure the reliability of the published data by the amendment when it detects indisputable errors in the paper, an opportunity is provided to amend or correct typos as soon as possible.
Upon consideration Editors provide appropriate measures to properly comment explaining obtained after review.
Editors undertake to respond to all allegations or suspicions of misconduct against study or publication emanating from readers, reviewers or other editors.
Editors undertake to submit the list of the requirements for authors. Editors’ work is carried out in accordance with the system of identity assurance.
Editors receive information on the identified problems and decide on acceptance for publication, or on refusal to publish.
Editors should not make decisions against materials in connection with which they have a conflict of interest.